Signature cocktails are a perfect way to stay on budget when planning drinks for a holiday party. Try any one of these delicious, budget-friendly recipes at your next holiday party!
- Peach Iced Tea – add a splash of rum for a kick.
- Old Fashioned Cocktail– add 1 oz. of cherry juice for a festive twist
- Martini-decorate the glass with mint leaves
- Mimosa – substitute Chambord raspberry liqueur for the Triple Sec
- White Russian – add Kahlúa to give it that coffee flavour
- Harvey Wallbanger- add an ounce or two of vodka to make it stronger
- Bourbon and Sprite- add an ounce of lemon juice
- Black Russian – add a splash of lime, decorate with a lime wedge
- Gin and Tonic-add 1 oz. of pomegranate juice for a festive touch
- Tequila Sunrise- add sliced strawberries to the mix before pouring over ice.
- Green Margarita – Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add tequila, green juice, triple sec, simple syrup, and fresh lime juice.
Cocktail Supplies to Keep on Hand
Blender- this can be essential for making creamy drinks like White Russians and Daiquiris
Shaker-an essential for mixing up martinis, Manhattans, and other mixed drinks.
Handheld strainer-a great way to strain out ice chips or fruit pulp from your drink; this is also known as a Hawthorne stringer.
Jigger-a jigger is a small cup with two sides: one shorter and one more rounded. Each side holds a different amount (typically 1 oz. and ½ oz., respectively) of liquid, which makes it easier to measure ingredients when creating cocktails.
Corkscrew-an essential for opening wine bottles; make sure you keep an extra corkscrew on hand for your BYO bottles.
Bottle opener-a necessary tool for opening beer and soda bottles. If you can, keep an electric opener on hand for easy access.
Citrus squeezer-this will help you get the most juice out of your limes, lemons, and oranges; don’t forget to buy a few extra oranges to use as cups!
Ice bucket- an ice bucket with tongs will help you handle your ice easily, and it looks much nicer than using a plastic grocery bag.
Relax and Enjoy the Party
When you have the food and beverage menu all planned out, you can relax a little and focus on the holiday festivities. Have fun with your guests, and remember to check out our wide selection of bar tools for your next party!