Kamado grills are some of the more popular and versatile types of grills on the market. These charcoal-fired smokers and grillers can be found both in stores and here on our website. And because Kamado Grills come in dozens of models, shapes, and sizes, it’s always a good idea to have spare parts around for when your grill needs that little something extra!
The first thing many people think about when they’re faced with a broken Kamado is “I need a new one.” But don’t fret! If you take care of your equipment, you can often save yourself a lot of money by simply repairing what’s broken instead. That’s where these spare parts come in. In this article, we’ll be explaining what parts you can replace, and we’ll give you a helpful guide on where to find them.
What Parts Can I Replace?
If your Kamado needs parts, don’t worry! The following are replacement parts that you can purchase and install yourself to get your grill back in tip-top shape.
- Cylinder Baffle – This is the most common accessory that most Kamado models need to be replaced. The cylinder baffle serves as a barrier between the charcoal and the chimney to help regulate how much air goes into the grill and how much air comes out of the grid. If your chimney or grid is too big, it will restrict airflow and cause your food to burn. If your chimney or grid is too small, it could limit airflow into and out of your grill, causing a reduced temperature inside of it.
- Charcoal Adjuster – This accessory can be found in several Kamado models. If you want to adjust the amount of charcoal in your grill, this is the tool that you can use to do so.
- Gas Adjuster – This is similar to the charcoal adjuster and can be found in several different models from different brands. Like with the charcoal adjuster, this accessory allows you to adjust the amount of gas going into your grill for a more customized burn time and temperature.
2. Cylinder Handle – This is one of the more common replacement parts that you’ll find on any Kamado grill. You’ll want to make sure and get a cylinder handle that fits your grill! The cylinder handle comes in two different varieties: one for ceramic kamados and another for ceramic-coated kamados.
3. Hood Handle – The hood handle is another standard replacement part you can find when looking for spare parts to repair your Kamado. This part usually breaks when people try to lift the grill’s lid off with one hand instead of lifting from below with both hands to keep the lid balanced. To avoid breaking a handle, use two hands!
4. Lid Handle Stand – This part goes inside the grill’s lid and is connected to the lid’s handle. The stand can be found on several Kamado brands and models out there.
5. Igniter – You’ll need a new igniter if yours is broken or doesn’t work anymore. This part helps ignite the gas inside your grill so that it heats up evenly and correctly. It’s a must-have for any Kamado owner!
6. Charcoal Lid – You’ll also need a new charcoal lid if your current one is broken or damaged. This replacement lid fits into the top of your Kamado and allows you to add more coal or food onto the hot coals inside of it.
7. Flavor Bars – Flavor bars are the grill parts responsible for giving off most of their flavor, mainly when using indirect heat on your grill. If you have a Kamado model with flavor bars and they are missing, bent, or broken, then you’ll need to replace them as soon as possible!
Where Can I Find These Spare Parts?
We’ve just discussed parts that are some of the most common parts you can find when searching for replacement pieces. However, you may be concerned about where to find these parts yourself. And you won’t have to worry because they are pretty easy to come by! Kamado manufacturers keep spare parts on hand to sell to customers who need them, and they also keep them on hand for when the same customers need replacements later on down the line. Many of these companies will even sell their Kamado spare parts online to make it easier for you to buy what you need without having to go anywhere else.